Monday, May 17, 2010

Lesson #2

Cherese - And she's off!

Today was all about getting on the horse and staying on the horse, bareback.  I had no idea horses were so warm.  With no saddle between me and Cutie, I could really feel her underneath me.  Here we are in the round pen, with Marie, our instructor at the helm and each of us with our one on one  instructors, making sure we're safe.


Sheri  is an experienced rider.  When I see her on her horse, it looks like she's been riding him for years.



Heather is also experienced and like Sheri, already has that sense of confidence. 



Tracy, could not be happier at this moment.



Tess, my nine year old one on one instructor, asking me "How many times have you been on a horse?"  This makes 2.  Shortly after I took this photo Major Marie said, "all cell phones in the car!" 



Marie said I looked like a ballerina up there. A ballerina with a really big head.  You know I'm not happy with that helmet.   Feet in, not out, when you're riding.



The end of another satisfying day.



Tess, with her horse, Rocket, saying good-bye to us as we leave the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment